Higher Education Emergency Relief Funds (HEERF)
Ambria College of Nursing received emergency relief funds through the federal Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act. These HEERF grant funds are provided to assist students with emergency expenses related to the disruption of campus operations due to coronavirus.
Students must meet ALL criteria below to be eligible to apply:
- For HEERF I eligibility, students must have been enrolled in Spring 2020 in at least one residential (on-ground) course that was moved online due to the pandemic. For HEERF II and III eligibility, students must be actively enrolled or on an approved leave of absence due to the pandemic.
- Students must be Title IV eligible as detailed
- Student must have a current year FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) on file or submit a FAFSA application at the same time they apply for the HEERF grant.
- Students must be maintaining Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP). Students on SAP warning are still eligible to receive the CARES Act emergency grant. Students on SAP suspension are not eligible.
Disbursements will be made to eligible students based on the following criteria:
• Estimated Financial Contribution (EFC) as calculated on the 2019-2020 FAFSA.
• Credit Hours enrolled at the time of disbursement.
• Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) status.
In accordance with US Department of Education Guidance, Ambria College of Nursing is posting the required information as follows:
- Ambria College of Nursing signed and returned to the Department on April 15, 2020 the Certification and Agreement. Ambria intends to use, no less than 50 percent of the funds received under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students.
- Ambria was allocated $162,885 in HEERF I funds from the Department. Of this total, $81,443 representing the student portion was received on April 15, 2020, pursuant to the institution’s Certification and Agreement [for] Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students. On April 12, 2021, Ambria received $145,588 in HEERF II funds, 100 percent of which was allocated to students.
- As of June 30, 2021, all funds, totaling $227,031 has been distributed to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act.
- As of June 30, 2021, 229 students have received an Emergency Financial Aid Grant under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act.
- Eligible students were awarded based on supporting documention from their application, their Expected Family Contribution (EFC), and number of credits enrolled.
- Ambria contacted all students regarding available funding and eligibility to apply through a global announcement on the learning management system. Additionally, a webpage was added to the Financial Aid menu of the institutional website for details on HEERF funding. Financial aid staff were and remain available to provide additional directions or guidance as needed.
Institutional Portion Quarterly Public Reporting
Ambria College of Nursing received $81,442 on May 11, 2020, from the Department of Education pursuant to the institution’s Certification and Agreement for the Institutional Portion.
The total amount used by Ambria for Institutional Purposes under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act is detailed in the reports below.
CARES Act Budget and Expenditures Report Q3.pdf
CARES Act Budget and Expenditures Report Q4.pdf
CARES Act Budget and Expenditures Report Q1.pdf
CARES Act Budget and Expenditures Report Q2.pdf